Monday, April 30, 2018

Evelyn Cullet, Guest Author


This week my guest author is Evelyn Cullet and she has a new book out, just waiting for you. I thoroughly enjoyed her first series, and now she's stepping out and introducing us to some new characters with a few quirks, and hopefully a new series. Fun book! Welcome, Evelyn! 

Thanks for hosting me on your blog, Marja. You Bet Your Life was a fun book to write. The words came easily, because I loved what I was writing, and whom I was writing about. I thoroughly enjoyed repeating the words and phrases that my aunt often said and used. Looking back, I had to wonder where she got some of her ideas. And it always amazed me how she could squeeze her size 8 feet into 7 1/2 inch high heeled shoes, even though she had bunions, and then manage to walk to church and back in the snow without falling. She always used safety pins to mend rips in her clothes instead of sewing them. She had a safety pin holding up some portion of just about every outfit she owned. But I guess those are the quirks that make people memorable.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_13?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=evelyn+cullet&sprefix=Evelyn+Cullet%2Cstripbooks%2C588&crid=1KTADQZ4P5MGL
 

“Sometimes, you have to take a chance.”

As a marketing executive, Heather Stanton is used to spinning anything negative that comes her way into gold, but now both her personal and professional lives have hit a glitch, so she cuts her losses and boards the first train out of town, leaving it all behind.

Heather never expects to run into her independent, free-wheeling Aunt Julia in a speck on the map called Willows Bend. Nor does she expect the turn her life takes when her aunt is suspected of murder.

Putting her own problems aside, Heather teams up with a handsome ex-private investigator to clear her aunt’s name. But will Julia’s innocence be questioned when the odds turn against her in a race to find the killer?


Bio
Evelyn Cullet has been an author since high school when she enjoyed writing short stories. She began her first novel while attending college later in life, and while working in the offices of a major soft drink company. After taking early retirement, she finally has the chance to write full time. As a life-long mystery buff, she's a former member of the Agatha Christie Society, and is a current member of the National Chapter of Sisters in Crime. When she's not reading mysteries, reviewing them or writing them, she enjoys playing the piano, is an amateur Lapidary, and an organic gardener. She host's authors and their novels on her writer's blog: http://evelyncullet.com/blog/


Website and Blog: http://evelyncullet.com/


CLICK HERE to visit Marja McGraw's website
CLICK HERE for a quick trip to Amazon.com

Gin Mill Grill - A Sandi Webster Mystery is now available. Death in the 1930s? Can an old murder be resolved today? 


11 comments:

  1. Evelyn,
    You already know that I loved your new book. I wish you the best of luck with it and many, many sales!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Pat. I loved your review.

      Delete
  2. This sounds like a great read, and how fun to memorialize some of your aunt's sayings! She sounds like a fun person to be around. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Aunt Julia was a fun person to be around, that's why it was so easy to write about her. Thanks for stopping by, Amy.

      Delete
  3. I love mysteries with a touch of humor. I'll be ordering this one for my Kindle. Good luck with your new series, Evelyn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dorothy. I love your Foxglove Corners series and hope you enjoy reading the first book in my new series. Nice of you to drop by and comment.

      Delete
  4. I love the way you portrayed your aunt. What a colorful person she must have been. I'm looking forward to reading Your Bet Your Life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know this sounds like a cliche, but I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. LOL!

      Delete
  5. The book--and your aunt--sound like fun. Best wishes for many readers.

    ReplyDelete